Carbs are our enemy, and we are always trying to perfect our low carb recipes. So without a lot of preamble, debatable nutrition advice, and defense of our position on carbs, we present the perfect low carb spaghetti bolognese recipe for 4.
- Shirataki noodles – 16oz
- Ground beef – 16oz
- tomato paste – 6oz can
- Garlic – 1 clove
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Bay leaves – a few
- Water – 2 cups
- Grated parmesan – 1 cup
We like to get our ingredients ready on a cutting board and in little bowls like they do on cooking shows. So here’s how we prepare:
- Wash the Shirataki noodles with cold water in a small colander. Really wash them, take a minute or two rolling them around.
- Tear the beef apart into little marble size chunks.
- Put the tomato paste in a medium size bowl.
- Crush a clove of garlic and chop it into little pieces.
- Measure the olive oil and set it aside.
- Choose a few bay leaves.
- Put the garlic, olive oil and water in the bowl with the tomato paste and lightly mix.
- Pour the mixture into a small pot. Toss in the bay leaves, cover and cook on medium heat.
- Put the ground beef in a large pan and cook on ¾ heat. You have to watch the ground beef to make sure it doesn’t get crispy, and as it cooks continue to break it into smaller pieces.
- Once the ground beef is done, drain off the grease.
- Add the noodles and sauce into the large pan, cover and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves, and the cooking is complete.
- Mix your creation and divide it into 4 servings.
- Sprinkle the parmesan equally on the servings.
- Serve with wine, salad or whatever sounds good.
Lean back and watch your guests marvel at your incredible kitchen skills.